This 12 months has already seen a lot of manufacturers break new floor on the innovation entrance, making it an thrilling time to purchase a brand new driver. Among the most important developments concern face know-how, aerodynamics and extra choices to select from.
Drivers are probably the most troublesome membership within the bag to execute to their full potential. That is because of the size of the shaft, the velocity of the swing and the flatter swing aircraft in comparison with most different golf equipment.
The right drive is probably the most thrilling shot to hit and witness. It supplies the participant with a sense of feat that few different pictures can emulate. It is advisable to have a club fitting with your local club professional to ensure that you gain maximum benefit and consistency from your driver.
Listed here are our high 5 favourite Drivers of 2020.
The Mavrik Sub Zero has a very traditional crown with a simple black, shiny design with some carbon-fibre showing towards the back of the head. The standout, burnt orange colouring makes me think of the old TaylorMade Burners rather than traditional Callaway. But apart from all of the marketing you will see around the Mavrik range, the colour is only significant on the sole and toe of the club.
- New A.I. designed Flash Face SS20 for Ball Speeds All Across The Face
MAVRIK thinking fueled our new, A.I. designed Flash Face SS20, to promote fast ball speeds across a more expansive area in each model and loft.
- High-strength FS2S Titanium for Consistent Performance
New face architecture required FS2S titanium, an extremely strong material that’s 6 grams lighter than traditional titanium to promote optimal speed, forgiveness, and spin robustness.
- Jailbreak + T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown for Ball Speed and Forgiveness
Two internal Jailbreak bars connect the sole and crown to promote fast ball speed, and the significantly lighter carbon crown allows us to redistribute weight for higher MOI.
- Interchangeable Weights to Fine Tune Ball Flight
The slightly smaller 450cc head features two interchangeable weights in the front and back (14g and 2g) to promote changes to launch angle and spin rate.
The Launcher HB is a straight forward simple driver that targets that market. The Cleveland Launcher HB has High-Bore technology which essentially reshapes the crown to move weight lower and back for higher, easier launching drivers. The previous generation did that very aggressively with a large “scoop” taken out of the crown. The new Launcher HB is much more subtle with the shape. The Cleveland Launcher HB Driver is a simple straight forward driver that does what is says; higher and straighter. Cleveland re-entered the driver market by bringing back their most iconic driver name with a revamp of their technologies. It was done with one purpose, Simple Straight drives.
- THE HIBORE CROWN REINVENTED FOR EVEN MORE DISTANCE The new HiBore crown moves the center of gravity low and deep, promoting a high-launch, low-spin trajectory. Its updated structure compresses at impact and decompresses at launch for faster ball speeds. It all adds up to the most distance-boosting HiBore we’ve made yet.
- AN ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT HOSEL OPTIMIZED FOR ONE SETTING: LAUNCH Launcher HB’s hosel design is the lightest we’ve made. We repositioned all that extra mass where it helps your performance: low and deep. The result is a stronger, more optimized hosel design that boosts distance and forgiveness.
- UNLOCK ABSURD BALL SPEED WITH FLEX-FIN TECHNOLOGY Compressing and decompressing with explosive energy, Flex-Fins launch the ball with remarkable speed, even on heel and toe miss-hits. This added ball speed and forgiveness make Launcher HB the longest, most forgiving driver we’ve ever made.
- THE HOTTEST CLEVELAND DRIVER EVER THANKS TO LAUNCHER CUP FACE Launcher Cup Face increases COR across the face for the hottest driver with the largest sweet spot we’ve ever designed. Added ball speed means you get more distance; consistent ball speed across the face means you get more forgiveness.
- LOW AND DEEP WEIGHTING LAUNCHES IT HIGH, LONG, AND STRAIGHT Low and Deep is the absolute best weight arrangement if you want forgiveness, high launch, and low spin. Don’t adjust. Don’t tinker. Just crush it straight down the middle of the fairway.
Delivering both low spin and significant forgiveness, the ST200 is a high-stability driver for players seeking straight line distance and predictability. Built around a resilient Beta rich forged Titanium face that precisely reaches current tournament regulations and maintains its characteristics over time, the driver is sound engineered for enhanced feedback and control. Mizuno have focused on ball flight with the ST200 drivers with the key technology the Beta rich Titanium face. The technology is present in all three versions of the driver – the Mizuno ST200 driver, the Mizuno ST200G driver and the Mizuno ST200X driver – with different flight levels across the range.
The ST200 driver from Mizuno might just be one of the underrated drivers for 2020.
- MAS1C Maraging Face
- CORTECH Design: Optimized face thickness distribution to maximize COR AREA
- Carbon Composite Crown: Ultra lightweight carbon allows weight to be moved low within the clubhead
- Wave Technology : Engineered wave geometry compresses and rebounds at impact for greater COR AREA and higher ball speeds
- Harmonic Impact Technology: Fine tuned head geometry delivers ideal impact feel and feedback
The SIM Max driver is designed to deliver maximum forgiveness. The all-new Inertia Generator positions additional weight at the extreme rear of the club to further increase MOI, providing more forgiveness and slightly higher launch conditions than the SIM driver. The asymmetrical, curved sole optimises sole aerodynamics right where golfers create most speed. So it’s super slick when you create speed and not just optimised to perform in a straight line at impact.
- Speed Injected Improves ball speed across the face by calibrating each head to the threshold of the legal speed limit
- Twist Face Uses corrective face angles designed to overcome inherent golfer tendencies on mis-hits and to produce straighter shots
- Inverted Cone Technology This face technology expands the C.O.R. zone of the club face, resulting in a larger sweet spot and better performance on miss-hits
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket Breakthrough Thru-Slot Speed Pocket technology delivers enhanced sole flexibility to create additional ball speed as well as improved forgiveness on low-face miss-hits
The Titleist TS2 driver offers golfers more forgiveness and higher launch. Puts Titleist drivers on equal footing with the best in the game. The TS2 follows a conventional rounded design that gives it the appearance of being larger, while the TS3 is slightly more pear shaped, for a cleaner look at address. To work around the reduced mass, Titleist has laser etched the grooves, rather than milling them the way they usually do. The result is a very clean, slightly more modern look at address. The lower center of gravity means a higher ball flight, and a lower capacity for wayward drives.
- Wide sweet spot and centre of gravity located at the lowest point of the sole
- The weight of this driver can be adjusted to change the effects
- The streamlined design of the head increases the speed of the club head
For more on the latest drivers and equipment, visit the Easy Golfers page
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest offers and upcoming news and features